What does May + October mean? I’m only getting 2 months worth of a planner? Or I do a “reset” in the months of May and October?
No! You’re getting EVERYTHING you need for goal planning, mental self-care and physical self-care (including a Start Here guide and 14 self-care topics) in the Self-Care Journal AND a planner for the ENTIRE year, broken down by season…Spring book (March, April, May), Summer book (June, July, August), Fall book (September, October, November) and Winter book (December, January, February) for a total of 5 books (all in a pretty sleeve to stay organized).
And, you’re going to “reset” at the beginning of EACH season!
May + October is basically, “us!”…. I, Dina, am the October birthday and my mom, Freddy, is the May birthday. The little blue birdie, in the logo, represents spring and May while the autumnal maple leaf represents October. It was just a way to make it personal to us. And, May and October are pretty great months (who doesn’t love October?!) so it conjures a lovely image, or so we like to think.
What exactly is this?!
The ultimate self-care and lifestyle planner. May + October is about YOU and your relationship with YOURSELF. This planner is a personal therapist. It’s the planner that changes everything in one season (90 Days). This is the only complete wellness lifestyle planner that gives you everything you need for goal planning, time management and productivity as well as mental and physical wellness.
This planner is about being:
- proactive (planning attainable goals by figuring out exactly what you want, planning what’s most important and getting it done)
- present (seasonally and mindfully prioritizing self-care)
- getting out of your own way and removing any Self-Sins™ (you hurting you). This is the only planner that helps you figure out why the things you planned didn’t get done.
Why seasonal (90 days)?
Being immersed in the current season keeps you PRESENT and MINDFUL.
Because there’s nothing magical about January 1 and New Year’s resolutions don’t work. 80% of resolutions FAIL by mid-February. So, let’s stop doing that! Planning your life by season is more focused, intentional and prevents you from setting yourself up for failure. Goals and plans made in 90 day increments (one season) WORK.
“Nothing changes on New Year’s Day”
-New Year’s Day, U2
The earth is creating seasonal rhythms and your body is taking cues from nature, so embrace it! There’s a reason why you want to sleep more in the winter (more dark hours than light signal the body to rest). There’s a reason why cucumbers (extra hydration) and tomatoes (UV defense for your skin) are in season in the summer.
Because it’s fun! Who doesn’t like to decorate, entertain and cook for holidays and seasons? Who doesn’t want blackberry basil infused sparkling water in the summer? Or a cinnamon vanilla cupcake with apple cider buttercream frosting in the fall? No one, that’s who.
Who is this right for? It’s definitely for someone who:
- Thinks a planner should be more than a dated pad of paper.
- Overwhelmed with life.
- Ambitious and hardworking, but frustrated because they still feel stuck.
- Always busy, but nothing seems to progress.
- Trying to get things done, but can’t figure out where it keeps going wrong. You may even own more than 1 planner!
- Discouraged with having the same goals for MONTHS or YEARS.
- Ready to start prioritizing self-care, planning attainable goals, getting out of your own way, being present and enjoying life, all in 90 days.
- Unequivocally believes that an “oops” is better than a “what if.”
Who is this not right for? This is not a good fit for those who:
- Multitask (mindlessly do 5 things at 20% effort) and like it. That’s the exact opposite of presence!
- “Hustle” (definition: to act aggressively and rapidly, yuck) and “slay” (definition: to kill in a violent way, double yuck). Never stopping to rest and constantly pushing yourself beyond your limits can trigger a vicious cycle of hormone imbalances, so, NO!
- Think small. If a big day is cleaning out the fridge, you don’t need a planner, you need post-its.
- Is looking for meal planning, business advice, budget planning or fitness plans. This is about your relationship with yourself. Not you as a mom, student, wife or whatever your profession is. There’s no information about starting a business, finances, diets, or parenting. It’s about becoming learning how to plan, time management, becoming self-aware, getting out of your own way and practicing self-care. Once you’ve gotten those things down, everything else follows.
- Like to self-diagnose. There are no topics discussed here that require a clinical diagnosis from a professional or a topic who’s treatment would involve a prescription. The Self-Sins™ discussed here are about recognizing behaviors and proactively correcting them through awareness.
Why include PDFs?
Because we want to give you everything you need to be successful. There might be certain planner pages or sections of the Self-Care Journal that you want more copies of. Or maybe you need more planner pages for a work project or book club. And, because you’re going to want to share it! Maybe a certain section of the Self-Care Journal brings a friend to mind that could really use that information. Print that and give it to her!
The PDFs are formatted for US and Canadian standard size paper, 8.5 x 11. The pages are also formatted with a border, so that if you choose to put this into a 3-ring binder, it will not interfere with the text. Note: the border may adjust here and there depending on your printer settings. But, in all cases, the text will remain in tact. The PDFs are also ink-friendly versions of the planner. For example, the Daily Planner and Daily Intention have very little colored ink, because those pages would be printed more often.
The Self-Care Journal sections are all separate so you can print-at-your-pleasure, use and share only what interests you! For the Planner pages….the more you write something down, the more likely it is to happen (3x more likely)! The Daily Intention page is also about gratitude and creating daily rituals, so the bigger the paper, the better. Write as much as possible!
How does May + October give back?
At the beginning of each season, May + October will do a WWF Symbolic Species Adoption of an animal from the “Extinct/Extinct in the Wild/Critically Endangered” list to help give back to nature and to preserve the seasons we love so much.
The World Wide Fund for Nature is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961, working in the field of wilderness preservation and the reduction of human impact on the environment.
And! Our printer is a supporter of Trees.org for the Future!
What is the Return Policy?
Because we truly want to help you, not add more overwhelm and stress to your life, we offer RISK FREE returns!
Returns are accepted for a full refund (minus $15 shipping + shrink wrap fee) within 30 days. Planners and sleeve must be free of marks, writing, bent or torn pages or any other signs of use, so that it is in resalable condition. As our gift, you can keep the lifetime membership to access the PDF version!
Next up for Stylish Seasonal Living (Ivy Boutique x May + October) are seasonal self-care subscription boxes! After purchasing the 5 Planner/Journal Box Set, you’d sign up for the subscription box. Each seasonal box will contain that season’s planner (Spring, Summer, Fall OR Winter) and a specially curated collection of seasonal self-care products and accessories. Seasonal apparel and home décor pop-ups also coming soon!